In addition to the case management services we provide, our Senior Center also has a NNORC (Neighborhood Naturally Occurring Retirement Community) component provided by the New York State Office for the Aging. Our NNORC program improves the quality of life for our participants by promoting healthy living and providing resources, such as health workshops and recreational activities, in a safe and caring environment. Services include:
- Visiting Nurse Services of NY
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Nutrition workshops
- Case management: service coordination, individual counseling, crisis intervention, advocacy, benefit counseling, financial management, housing, legal assistance
- Walking and exercise programs
- Health promotion and health education
- Support Groups: Men’s Group, Diabetes/Weight Loss Group, Walking Group.
Hot breakfast and lunch are offered every day enabling seniors to enjoy a healthy and nutritious meal while socializing with old friends and new acquaintances at our Senior Center.
Monday through Friday
Breakfast is served from 8:30 am to 9:30 am
Lunch is served from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
We have a van that is available for short trips such as to the supermarket, food pantries, bank/doctor visits, movies and much more.
Senior Services Contact:
718-784-7447 ext. 130