We are looking for an Assistant Director who will be responsible for the overall planning and operation of the Program in accordance with the Jacob A. Neighborhood Settlement mission, goals, and policies. Provide leadership, direction, training, and support to on-site staff and volunteers in the safe and structured operation of the center. Must have experience in DYCD/ Advantage programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the management of the Program Director, establish goals and objectives for the program and effectively oversee all programs and operations.
- Ensure compliance with Riis Settlement Agency policies. Prepare and organize all monthly documents program reports on a scheduled basis.
- Work with Agency personnel to ensure that organizational objectives are accomplished. To ensure the smooth day-to-day running, coordination and supervision of all program-related staff and services in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all Riis Settlement, and program policies, procedures, and protocols
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Communicate with peers in other Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood and school staff.
- Work with staff to set realistic weekly and monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Supervise, train and Coach Group Leaders, Specialist engaging with participants.
- Assist the Program Director in providing oversight for all aspects of the program in his/her absence.
- Assist in the analysis of program and demographic client data to make programmatic improvements.
- Organize onsite and offsite training opportunities for the professional development of staff.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract's goals and performance targets as outlined Workscope.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate social/peer support and program events.
- Provide assistance and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with participants.
- Liaison with sub-contractors to ensure appropriate service delivery and quality.
- When the Director is not present ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct and document one-on-one supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance (i.e. identify training needs, professional development, etc.).
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff: Group Leaders and Specialist.
- Attend staff/funder/outside agency meetings as requested.
- Convene meetings with staff, volunteers/interns, program members, parents, and community residents as needed to assist in program delivery, communicate established policies, and promote a positive environment.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other community-based organizations to enhance program offerings.
- Organize and/or participate in external special events to promote the Agency's mission and image, cultivate relationships, and generate broad support.
- Complete the minimum training hours as set forth in the New York State School-Age Child Care (SACC) Regulations.