Riis Academy is seeking dynamic, creative and engaging individuals who enjoy working with children, working in groups and being part of a community. As a Youth Worker you will be responsible for assisting our summer camp group leaders and program director with group supervision during program activities and while on trips, assist with facilitating activities/ lesson plans as well as administrative duties. Seasonal position: continuation of position is contingent on funding availability and/ or job performance. Benefits not included.
Statement of Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Current college student preferred
- Recent HS graduate or High school junior/ senior
- A genuine interest and ability to relate with youth and earn their respect
- Maturity, self-control, sound judgment, leadership ability, sense of humor and patience
- Energy, innovation, and initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals
- All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision and values of Riis Settlement, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Candidate must successfully complete the following: National Sex Offender Registry, NYSDOH Fingerprinting Screening; New York State Clearance Review Background Check; 3 Reference Check; Physical w/ updated TB Test (Fees may apply)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Group Leader on a daily basis in the classrooms and while on field trips
- Responsibilities include participating with children in activities such as sports, art, dance, etc
- Assist with facilitation of various activities during program hours.
- Participate in training and staff development workshops as necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
To apply: submit your cover letter, resume & three (3) references to: email@example.com