For YouthRiis Academy is the largest youth services provider in western Queens, serving over 1,000 youths in grades K-12 at four campuses including two community centers and two public schools. We believe every child can achieve his/her goals when given the opportunity to learn and grow in a supportive environment.
For SeniorsThe Queensbridge/Riis Senior Center offers health, nutrition and social services to seniors 60 and older. We work hard to ensure that seniors are able to maintain healthy and independent lives throughout our community.
For ImmigrantsOur Immigrant Services program offers free ESOL classes, case management and legal services to support immigrants on their journey towards self-sufficiency in the United States. We value the contributions of immigrants and celebrate the diversity they bring to our communities.
- Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement (Riis Settlement) has been awarded an Advantage After School Contract from the New York State Office of Children and Family...
- On Thursday, June 5, 2014, at the Museum of the Moving Image in Long Island City, Queens, Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement acknowledged the achievements...
- On Tuesday, June 10, 2014, the Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement launched the Queensbridge Mobile Market, sponsored by City Harvest, from 9:30 A.M. to 11:30...
- Just when we thought we were the only ones who knew how great our seniors are, seven Riis Settlement senior center participants were given awards...
- On Saturday, May 11, 2014, Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement celebrated its 16th annual Spring Arts Festival. Community members came together to enjoy arts, dance,...
Riis Settlement House depends on your generous support to provide services to the youth and adults of western Queens. Donate >>
Keep In Touch